Miss Nellie Garrett was married to Mr. Charles H. Allison at the home of her parents, Mr. and Mrs. Oscar Garrett in Murray, at 7 o’clock on January 27, 1909.
At the appointed hour the bridal party entered the parlor to the strains of a wedding march. The bridal procession was headed by little Gladys Garrett in a picture frock of white, carrying the ring in a rose, followed by matron of honor, Mrs. O. E. Garrett. The groom and best man Mr. O. O. Garrett, Jr. came next and lastly the bride on the arm of her father. Beneath the marriage bell which hung from a bower of smilax, carnations and roses, the marriage service was read and the father gave the bride away.
The bride was dressed in a rich empire gown of white embroidered Swiss and baby Irish lace, carrying an arm full of bride’s roses and a point lace handkerchief.
The matron of honor was gowned in light smoked gray and carried pink roses. The groom and attendants wore the conventional black.
A two course luncheon followed. The bride’s table was beautifully decorated with pink and white effects. The center piece was a cut glass flower center filled with pink roses. Pink shaded candles, pink ribbon and bows were tastefully arranged. The bride’s chair was of pure white and decorated with a bunch of roses.
The dining room was done in red and a bell was suspended, decorated with hearts. Red ribbons suspended from the ceiling to the corners of the table and were concealed by large bows of red. Red hearts and candles over the table and throughout the room completed the decorations. Outside the dining room the house was decorated in pink and white roses and garlands of green.
The bride spent her life In Murray graduating from Murray schools in 1901, was an instructor in the Murray Schools, later entered Simpson College.
The groom spent most of his life in Murray. He took a pharmaceutical course from Highland Park College graduating in 1904 and was proprietor of City Drug Store in Murray until the couple opened Allison’s Drug in Osceola in 1934. After Charles death in 1940, Nellie operated the drug store until 1969. She died in 1976.