The Southern Iowa Hive Handlers are hosting virtual beekeeping classes via Zoom this winter.
“There isn’t space to host in person classes,” said Clarke County Conservation Director Scott Kent. “We would have to go to another location and places just aren’t wanting to host groups right now.”
The virtual classes begin 7 p.m. January 28 and are every Thursday through March 4. Each class will last approximately two hours. The classes are for beginning and aspiring beekeepers to learn basic information.
• The place of Honey Bees in the world
• The Honey Bee’s world
• The beehive and its accessories and other tools used for beekeeping
• Getting started in keeping honeybees
• Management for honey production and pollination
• Products of the bee hive
• Off season management
• Honeybee disorders, parasites and nest invaders
The Zoom link can hold 100 participants. Zoom login is 6:45-7 p.m.
Please download and import the following iCalendar (.ics) files to a calendar system.
Join Zoom Meeting
• Meeting ID: 821 0880 7779
• Passcode: 921642
The event is sponsored by Clarke County Conservation. Contact Kent at 641-342-3960 with questions. To interact with fellow beekeepers outside of class times join the Southern Iowa Hive Handlers Facebook group.