Clarke County South Central Iowa Community Foundation (SCICF) board recently awarded grants to local charitable causes.
The grants awarded each year are made possible from two endowment funds that have been established — Clarke County Development Corporation Unrestricted Fund and Clarke County Endowment Fund.
Those receiving grant funds this year were:
• Clarke County Board of Supervisors — $5,000
• City of Murray (Murray Community Resource Development) — $4,000
• City of Murray (Murray Lions Club) — $3,000
• Restoration Ranch — $1,000
• CROSS Ministries - $1,000
The South Central Iowa Community Foundation was established in 1993 and serves five counties; Clarke, Decatur, Lucas, Ringgold and Union and has three affiliate counties; Adams, Appanoose and Wayne.
Volunteers serving on the SCICF board for Clarke County are Lori Borcherding, Jason Gibbs, Dennis Jeter, Mellony Klemesrud and Melissa Snell.
For more information about SCICF, contact a board member or the foundation office at 217-9105 or visit our website www.scicf.org.