Shop local month proclamation issued
Mayor Fred Diehl issued a “Shop Local Proclamation” during a July 16 Osceola City Council meeting.
The proclamation states, “Whereas, Osceola has a vibrant business community that relies on repeat business from both local and visiting customers; and whereas, Osceola’s proximity to Des Moines can put a strain on local businesses; and
whereas, August is a prime example of sales leaving the community because of events like the Iowa State Fair; back-to-school shopping, etc.
Now, therefore, I, Fred Diehl, mayor, do proclaim August 2013 as Shop Local Month, and call upon the people of Osceola to join their fellow citizens and business community in keeping your business needs local.
In witness whereof, I have here unto set my hand this 16th day of July, in the year of our Lord 2013.”
More Local News
- SICOG receives grant from Iowa Finance Authority
- Boyer participates in prestigious World Food Prize Global Youth Institute
- Clarke students visit fire station
- Cummings completes new certification program
- Technology integration into curriculum at Clarke Elementary School