Osceola is hosting an Iowa Department of Cultural Affairs community arts meeting.
Many meetings are taking place across the state of Iowa.
The meeting is scheduled Monday, July 28, in the conference room at Clarke Community Development Corporation, 115 E. Washington St. It is a free event.
The public is invited to come early at 10 a.m. for goodies and stay for a light lunch at noon.
Iowa Department of Cultural Affairs impacts Iowans through the State Historical Society of Iowa, Iowa Arts Council and Produce Iowa — State Office of Media Production.
It engages Iowans by elevating the role of arts, history and culture play as an economic driver, a catalyst for the creative sector and key ingredient for Iowans’ quality of life.
As the department looks to revitalize the State Historical Building in Iowa, there is an invitation to help shape the vision for the future while fostering a greater sense of connectivity and shared purpose across the state.
There will be an active discussion with the Iowa Cultural Affairs staff.
Ideas and input are needed:
• Do you know how to get funding for community arts?
• Do you know who to call for advice and assistance?
• Have you ever been to the State Historical Building?
• Do you like their exhibits, hours and parking?
• Have you ever used the State Historical Library?
• Do you know there is a renowned restaurant on the third floor?
• Have you attended a theatrical production in the theater?
• Do you know weddings, meetings and parties are held there?
A headcount is appreciated to be able to provide adequate food. Call Mary Ellen Kimball with Clarke Area Arts Council at 641-342-4272.