LEON – With less than a few weeks remaining to meet requirements for having health insurance, Iowa State University Extension and Outreach is offering a free workshop to help Decatur County residents understand how to make smart choices for purchasing health care coverage.
The one-hour workshop will take place at 1 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. Monday, March 3, at the Community Health Centers of Southern Iowa, 302 N.E. 14th St., in Leon.
Through the Smart Choice Health Insurance workshop, attendees will:
• Understand the importance of networks and finding out which health providers participate in various plans.
• Find out whether financial assistance is available to reduce the cost of health insurance.
• Use a guide to identify their own health insurance needs and priorities.
• Be able to compare different plans available through the Health Insurance Marketplace.
• Get prepared to purchase coverage at healthcare.gov.
“This workshop will help people choose coverage that best fits their family’s budget and health care needs and use that plan efficiently once enrolled,” said Brenda Brown with Community Health Centers of Southern Iowa.
The Smart Choice Health Insurance Program is funded through 1311 grant funds from a U.S. Department of Health and Human Services grant.
For information about the local Health Insurance Marketplace workshop March 3, contact the Decatur County Extension and Outreach office at 641-446-4723, visit www.extension.iastate.edu/decatur or contact Joyce Lash at 641-464-5003, firstname.lastname@example.org.