WOODBURN — Woodburn Christian Church received a Pillar grant this spring from Clarke County Development Corporation.
The money from the Pillar grant was used for 50 percent of the cost of new windows and siding, with Woodburn Christian Church paying the other 50 percent and all of the installation cost.
Woodburn Christian Church was established in the 1890’s. In 1970, the church was rebuilt after burning down from a lightning strike. The new building included a full basement, which today serves as storm shelter for the area when needed.
Woodburn Christian Church members extend gratitude for the cost sharing to Clarke County Development Corporation. The church has a 6 p.m. Christmas Eve service Dec. 24, which is located at 710 Maple St. in Woodburn.