Olympian Dan Gable to speak at conference at Lakeside Casino
Olympic champion Dan Gable will speak at the second annual Southwest Iowa Workforce Summit slated Dec. 17 at Lakeside Casino.
The conference will run from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. that day. Lunch will be provided.
"Dan Gable agreed to speak with us and encourage our community to continue our collaboration efforts in building a stronger workforce," said Elizabeth Waigand, business services specialist for Iowa Workforce Development. "This summit will also include speakers from local businesses and education providers on strategies they have used to build a stronger workforce."
Conference topics include successful initiatives already in place, ideas for the next step and making communities strong. Cost is $30. RSVP by Dec. 1.
To RSVP, contact Waigand at 641-782-2119 ext. 41 or email at email@example.com.
More Local News
- SICOG receives grant from Iowa Finance Authority
- Boyer participates in prestigious World Food Prize Global Youth Institute
- Clarke students visit fire station
- Cummings completes new certification program
- Technology integration into curriculum at Clarke Elementary School