UPDATE: New Virginia man dies in rollover accident
A New Virginia man died in a rollover accident 10:14 a.m. today.
According to an Iowa State Patrol report, James Eugene Shadden Jr., 22, of New Virginia, was driving a 2003 Jeep north on 240th Avenue, one-half mile south of Highway 69. The accident's location is north of Osceola.
Shadden lost control of the vehicle, which entered the east ditch and came back onto the road. The vehicle rolled once and Shadden was ejected from the vehicle.
Shadden was not wearing his seat belt. He was the only occupant in the vehicle.
According to an Iowa State Patrol officer, speed was a factor in the one-vehicle accident.
Clarke County Fire Department, Clarke County Hospital, Osceola Police Department and Iowa State Patrol responded to the accident.
An air ambulance from Mercy Medical Center in Des Moines also responded for Shadden's injuries.
More Local News
- SICOG receives grant from Iowa Finance Authority
- Boyer participates in prestigious World Food Prize Global Youth Institute
- Clarke students visit fire station
- Cummings completes new certification program
- Technology integration into curriculum at Clarke Elementary School