Oct. 4 conservation program sign-up deadline approaches
The USDA’s Natural Resources Conservation Service has announced the cut-off date of Oct. 4 for Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP) and Wetland Reserve Program (WRP) applications to be considered for first round of conservation program funding selections.
USDA conservations programs are offered through a continuous sign up, however, NRCS periodically batches and ranks applications as funding allows.
Producers interested in conserving soil, protecting water resources, enhancing wildlife habitat and improving grazing opportunities with the assistance of conservation practices are encourage to sign up. EQIP practices include, but are not limited to, terraces, cover crops, sediment basins, nutrient management, ponds, fencing and seedings. A complete list of practices is available in the local NRCS office or can be accessed online at www.ia.nrcs.usda.gov.
Contact the Clarke County NRCS office located at 709 Furnas Dr, Suite 3, Osceola, IA 50213 or by calling 641-342-2917.
More Local News
- SICOG receives grant from Iowa Finance Authority
- Boyer participates in prestigious World Food Prize Global Youth Institute
- Clarke students visit fire station
- Cummings completes new certification program
- Technology integration into curriculum at Clarke Elementary School