Clarke elementary students to participate in state’s health walk
There has been a push the past few years to get Iowa to be a healthier state. This is coordinated by a yearly walk to help promote active lifestyles in community. Last year, Clarke Elementary School took part in the initiative by walking 1 kilometer.
Clarke Elementary is doing their walk again 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 9. The group will leave from the elementary school.
If you are interested in signing up to walk with Clarke Elementary School, go to http://www.iowahealthieststate.com/healthiest-state-walk Their team name is “7 Habits Healthy Walk.”
You may go to the above site and enter your own team, as well, whether it’s a business team, organization team or even the downtown businesses teaming up to do a walk.
More Local News
- SICOG receives grant from Iowa Finance Authority
- Boyer participates in prestigious World Food Prize Global Youth Institute
- Clarke students visit fire station
- Cummings completes new certification program
- Technology integration into curriculum at Clarke Elementary School