• Ranked 13th in Class 1A in rushing yards, totaling 1,373 yards on 138 carries for an average of 9.9 yards per carry. He finished with 14 rushing touchdowns for the season, with a long of 89 yards.
• Played in just eight games during the 2013 season after suffering lung and liver injuries in the team’s eighth game of the season. He left that game and returned after a trip to the hospital, finishing the game with 106 rushing yards and 36 receiving yards.
• Passed for 147 yards on 12 completions with four touchdowns during the 2012 season. He also caught eight passes for 59 yards with one touchdown.
• Returned seven kickoffs for 267 yards, averaging 38.1 yards per return. He also fielded two punt returns during the 2012 season, returning both for touchdowns. His punt returns went for 66 yards and 50 yards.
• Finished second on his team with 70 tackles and had one fumble recovery.
• Named to the INA Class 1A first team all-state for the second straight season, this time as a running back, after being named to the team as a linebacker in 2011. Made the Des Moines Register Class 1A first team all-state as a linebacker in 2012.
• Has been ranked the No. 2 long snapper in the nation for the class of 2013 for the last two years by the Jamie Kohls rankings.
• Selected to play in the 2013 Shrine Bowl.
Track and field
• Competed at the Coed State Track Meet in the shot put competition and the 4x200 relay.
• Will be attending Iowa State University, where he will play football for the Cyclones.