Pie baking results announced
First Place: Peach Blueberry Pie by Tharon Flaherty
Crust for an 8-inch pie.
4 cups sliced fresh peaches
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 package of peach Jello
One-half cup sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon flour
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Juice and rind of one orange. Pour into pastry-lined pan. Cover with a top crust with slits, sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 400-degrees for 10 minutes and 350-degrees for 30 minutes.
Second Place: Mulberry Pie by Tahra Bedwell
Pie Crust: Three-fourths cup Buttery Crisco add one-fourth cup. boiling water. Stir in one tablespoon milk and one teaspoon salt. Add two cups flour quickly. Chill, roll out.
3 cups mulberries
1 and a-fourth cups sugar
One-fourth cup flour
3 tablespoons. butter
Mix. Bake at 400-defrees for 15 minutes and 350-degrees for 30 minutes.
More Local News
- Financial Peace University courses offered in Osceola
- CCH awarded for high scores in patient care
- Clarke students take fifth in DMACC auto-skills contest
- Mosaic notifies clients, offers protection following phishing scam
- Bailey enjoys atmosphere, getting to know residents at Southern Hills