Partly Cloudy
51°FPartly CloudyFull Forecast
Pro Football Weekly Updated Draft Guide

Knocked-over candle may have caused Murray house fire

Published: Friday, May 24, 2013 3:07 p.m. CDT • Updated: Friday, May 24, 2013 3:37 p.m. CDT
OST photo by AMY HANSEN Firefighters prepare to spray water on a house fire in Murray Thursday.

MURRAY — While the cause of a house fire in Murray Thursday has yet to be determined, Murray Fire Chief Aaron Brammer said it most likely started in the living room.

"The homeowner believes it was a candle burning that was knocked over by a cat," Brammer said.

Murray firefighters were called mid-morning Thursday to the house fire located at 201 Fourth St. Osceola firefighters were also called to provide mutual aid and assistance. Firefighters were at the scene for approximately three and a-half hours.

Brammer said there were no reported injuries, however, an Osceola firefighter became overheated and had to be sent to Clarke County Hospital to be checked out.

A pet cat and snake died in the fire. The house is considered a total loss.

Reader Poll

Which presidential candidate are you voting for in the general election?
Donald Trump
Hillary Clinton
Not voting