The question of who will be the next Clarke Community School District Superintendent is yet to be answered.
Clarke Community School Board postponed the superintendent selection item on Monday’s school-board agenda.
Clarke School Board President Gerard Linskens said the board is “finalizing further discussions” during a phone interview with the Osceola Sentinel-Tribune Tuesday morning.
The school board is going to have a special meeting noon Wednesday with the goal of selecting a superintendent.
“We will most likely have an announcement then,” Linskens said. “Officially, at this time, we can’t say anything yet.”
Clarke Community School District retained the services of McPherson and Jacobson L.L.C. to assist in conducting its search.
There are five final candidates for the new superintendent position at Clarke.
The candidates include:
• Brandon Eighmy, principal of Clarke Community Elementary School.
• Brett Gibbs, superintendent of Audubon Community School District.
• Benita Gonzales, shared superintendent of Sigourney and Tri-County community school districts.
• Steve Seid, interim superintendent of Clarke Community School District.
• Dr. Pamela Vogel, superintendent of East Union Community School District.
When a new superintendent is chosen, he or she will assume duties July 1.
“It has been a long process,” Linskens said. “We can’t say anything at this time, but Wednesday, we will.”
Look for a superintendent update Wednesday on Osceola’s website www.osceolaiowa.com.